No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
Born and raised in South Florida, a lot of our vacation time was spent in the Keys (also Disney World because reasons). There are few things more iconic than key lime pie when it comes to the Keys. One of those more iconic things being frozen key lime pie on a stick covered in chocolate. Key limes in general hold a special, nostalgic place in my heart. When testing (and failing) vegan key lime pie recipes, I made something that tasted more like a key lime cheesecake. And thus, this delicious beast was born.
As far as cheesecake goes, I prefer the baked variety, but I'm still working on that recipe since it's not quite right yet. However, the unbaked texture of this key lime cheesecake is spot-on with that of a key lime pie. For that reason, I went with a no-bake version for this recipe.
Like it's cousin, the key lime pie, this cheesecake goes great with some whipped cream on top. The graham cracker crust is no-bake as well, making this recipe very simple to put together. The filling takes about 3 hours to set in the fridge and you're all set to dig in!
This cheesecake is:
This recipe brings me back home to sunny South Florida and I hope it gives you warm, fuzzy feelings like it gives me.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment below, or share a picture on instagram with #datkindlife . Stay kind, bbs!
No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake
Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 0 mins Total Time: 3hrs 30mins
· 17 sheets graham crackers
· 2 tablespoon sugar
· ½ cup + 3 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter, melted (I used Miyoko’s)
· 16 ounces Kite Hill plain cream cheese, at room temperature
· 14 ounces sweetened condensed coconut milk (I used Nature’s Charm)
· ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon key lime juice
· 2 teaspoons lime zest
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until very fine crumbs are formed. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl and stir in sugar. Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
2. Press the crust mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan, bringing it 1 ½ to 2 inches up the sides of the pan. Press it flat against the bottom and sides of the pan (it helps to use the bottom of a flat glass to really pack it down). Chill crust in freezer for 15 minutes.
3. While the crust is chilling, make the filling. (lol) Using an electric mixer or your strongest wrist/bicep combo, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the condensed milk a little at a time, scraping the bowl as necessary. Add in the lime juice, lime zest and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
4. Pour the filling into the crust and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon or a spatula, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or until firm (about 3 hours).
5. Once firm, unclasp the sides of the pan and remove cheesecake/place on serving tray.
6. Top with vegan whipped cream and lime slices.